|Hernia Surgeon, James Goodyear, MD. is a specialist in hernias and hernia surgery serving patients from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Connecticut and New York. As a hernia specialist, he is an expert in hernias diagnosis, hernia surgery and hernia treatment. He knows hernias and hernia care, and he understands hernia symptoms and the causes for hernia pain. inguinal hernia photo, Carolina, Georgia, Massachusetts, Vermont, new Hampshire, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, PA, NJ, NY, OH, VA, DE, MD, DC, CT, KY, IN|
||Founder and Director
NORTH PENN HERNIA INSTITUTE
North Penn Surgical Associates
After graduating first in his class (Cum Laude) from Temple University, School of Pharmacy with a Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy (1971), Dr. Goodyear attended Temple University School of Medicine where he received his M.D. Degree in 1975. He then pursued his General Surgical training at Abington Memorial Hospital in Abington, Pennsylvania, completing his surgery residency training in 1980. After serving as Chief Surgical Resident at Abington Memorial Hospital, he came 'home' to Lansdale, Pennsylvania to begin his practice of General Surgery.
Quickly developing an interest in the diagnosis and surgical repair of primary and recurrent hernias, as well as complex hernias of the abdominal wall, Dr. Goodyear developed expertise and has focused his continued surgical education and training in this highly technical area. He has truly 'Specialized' in the field of Hernia Surgery (Herniology) for over 30 years. He has been a pioneer in the Benchmark approach to Tension-Free abdominal wall hernia repair. While Dr. Goodyear is a frequent speaker and educator in the area of Hernia Repair Surgery within the medical profession (RE: CHINA LECTURE SERIES), and often appears as a public service to the citizens of the surrounding communities as well, it remains his major focus to be primarily involved in direct patient care in the specialty field of hernia surgery.
DR. GOODYEAR IS:
*ABINGTON HEALTH, LANSDALE HOSPITAL
- Board Certified (1981) and Board Re-Certified (1993, 2000, 2011) by the American Board of Surgery
- A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- An Active Member of the American Hernia Society.
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member-at-Large, Governing Council, AMA-Organized Medical Staff Section (June 2006 to date)
- Vice President of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Delegate (from PA)-House of Delegates, America Medical Association (Chair of PA Delegation)
- Member and Past President (2009-10) of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Delegate-House of Delegates, Pennsylvania Medical Society
- PAMPAC Member(PA Medical Society Political Action Committee), Past Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Chairman, Governing Council, Organized Medical Staff Section, Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Montgomery County (Pennsylvania) Medical Society (Past President (2003-2004), Past Chairman of the Board
- Past Chair-Division of General Surgery, *Abington Health, Lansdale Hospital, Lansdale, PA
To all of my patients- I am dedicated to the science and techniques for the contemporary repair of all hernias. I have made this my "Specialty" for over 30 years to assure my patients not only the safest, but also the most effective hernia repair available. I am committed to excellence in this field, and I am happy to discuss any concerns regarding hernias, hernia surgery or related issues with you at your convenience via a Free Phone Consultation or via On-Line Consultation.
James Allan Goodyear, M.D., F.A.C.S.
JOIN FREE HERNIA DISCUSSION BOARD